Courtney turns 6!
Courtney really wanted another Barbie cake for her birthday but I convinced her that we should branch out this year and we tried a bunny cake. I saw the picture in a magazine and the directions were so easy I had to try it. The decorations were the fun part. The kids really wanted to help, but I guess that is code for really wanting to eat the decorations. So I guess we all had fun. Courtney felt really special because she had Leanne and Chantel here for the party as well as the grandparents. She told me several times since the party that she really liked everything she got. She was also excited that she got a couple cards in the mail. I've always thought that there is something exciting about getting mail and I think that my attitude has rubbed off because I could tell she felt very important when there was a letter just for her. She got her very first big girl bike this year and has already had Clint take her out in the neighborhood a few times to ride. She loves it.
4 comments:
Very cute! The cake looks awesome! You always do such a good job with the cake! I am so glad that Courtney had a fun birthday! (this is Amanda, I'm using moms blog!)
Man, I still remember my first bike! What a fun time to share with your kids. We are getting so anxious to come back home, we just have soooo much to do to get ready though. See you soon! Mason
EEEEEEEk, where did the time go??? She looks so happy on her bike, I love it!
Happy birthday Courtney! She looks like she is just beaming on that bike! So when we get out there, can you teach me how to make cute cakes?! -Laura
Post a Comment