Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring 2012

We are in the process of packing and moving, but that doesn't mean the rest of life stands still.  Courtney was still scheduled to be in a ballet performance last week.  Her dance was "It's a Small World" and she was representing Canada.  She really has enjoyed being in ballet.  It has given her confidence and she loves getting dressed up for it.  Even getting her hair up in a bun is fun for her.  It's been four years now and I can't believe it.  Still, we are not sure whether we will continue with ballet in the future.  Now that we are moving we may take the opportunity to try something new.






Dylan's first grade class went to the zoo yesterday and I went along as a chaperone.  Dylan was excited to have me come and really had a good time.  Each kid had picked an animal to be looking for specifically.   
Dylan chose the Nile Monitor Lizard.  So we got a picture of Dylan with him.  I'm not sure how well it shows in the picture but it was a lot bigger than I was expecting.  He was telling everyone how it eats crocodile eggs and how it was shedding.
  
 Here is picture of him with some of his friends from school.  For a kid with three sisters it was a rare opportunity to hang out with the guys.

We have really loved our time in Silverton and all the great friends we've met.  We have had great experiences and we will miss it.  I have been looking forward to moving to a house with a little more space, but as I pack the boxes and I see our little house getting a little more bare I'm a little sad to be leaving.  It's like seeing your kids get older.  You know that it is right that it should happen, but its still not always easy.  

1 comment:

Forever Young said...

Courtney looks so pretty in those pictures! So fun!