Clint and I decided to use the week between our birthdays to go down to southern Oregon and see some of the sites here in Oregon that we have never seen before. On our way down, we went to the Wildlife Safari, just outside of Roseberg. Clint took the kids on a camel ride and I couldn't believe we got Courtney to do it.
On day two we went to Crater Lake. We were staying near Grants Pass but it was still quite the drive out to the Lake. The kids were amazed to still see snow on the ground since we were at a pretty high elevation. I had to keep my eyes off the road because the cliffside dropoff is alittle too much for me. I was amazed at how clear and beautiful the lake is. We toured the visitors center and the historical lodge that had recently been renovated.
Day three was the busiest. In the morning we went on a tour of the Harry & David factory in Ashland. It was a pretty amazing set of factories and fields. At the end we got free samples of the chocolates and cookies. The kids loved them, but I think they liked the tour bus best. Then we had to stop by the Medford Temple since we were so close. It is right next to the stake center and we couldn't help wishing our temple was that close. It was small but beautiful and we were sad that we didn't have anyone to watch the kids so we could do a session.
On the fourth day we went to a children's science museum in Ashland. The kids loved it there. They had a bubble room like the Gilbert House in Salem, but everything else was new and we spent a couple hours just letting the kids explore.
4 comments:
Looks like a great time! So no camel ride for Darcy?
One of these days I'll talk you into getting on facebook. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. ...Well, you know, I could just make and account for you. Take pictures from this site and no one would be the wiser! But that just wouldn't be the same. I'm looking forward to our next shindig! (How do you spell shindig?)
Im so impressed what a fun vacation and all in Oregon too! I'm already planning to do the same thing in a year!
wow that picture in front of Crater Lake is AMAZING! We will definitely have to see that in person! Sounds like you guys were CRAZY busy, and had a great trip :)
Post a Comment