Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Courtney Starts Kindergarten!


Yesterday was a difficult day for me. My stomach was tied in knots but Courtney seemed fine. I worried that she would be scared or overwhelmed. In the end, when we walked her to her class she seemed shy but excited. We gave her a hug and I was the one holding back tears. Later, we walked out to her bus stop to wait for her to come home. When I saw her coming off the bus safe and sound I almost started crying again. I'm sure it will get easier at least I hope so!

2 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

Yay how exciting!!! I am sure I will feel the same way when Gwenn goes off to school...it's all part of being a mom, I think! I hope she likes her teacher and the other kids in her class!! What does Dylan think of his big sis off to school?

Forever Young said...

Courtney looks so grown up! I know I see her a lot but its weird to think she's in school! I'm so nervous for when Benjamin goes