Friday, October 10, 2008

It's pumpkin patch time!

Ok so this is my favorite time of year. Some other ladies in the ward and I decided to take a trip to EZ Orchards so that the kids could pick out a pumpkin. It was so much fun! I know I look ridiculous in this picture but it is the only one with Paige in it and the kids look good anyway. We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch. They were allowed to pick any pumpkin they could lift by themselves. It was a muddy day, but it never rained!Dylan LOVED the tractor. Then we went out to the apple orchard to pick an apple--they were huge! After that we went through the corn maze. There was a slide in the middle and all the kids got dirty sliding down. They had a few farm animals for the kids to see at the end. Courtney even enjoyed looking at the animals there since they had baby piglets. In her mind only baby animals are not to be feared. She thought they looked just like Wilbur from Charlotte's Web. We were given hot cider and a donut to finish things off. It was difficult to get them to leave so we could make it back home for Courtney's bus. Later we drew pictures on our pumpkins. Courtney's is a princess of course and Dylan's is Batman. Please excuse my lack of artistic skill.

2 comments:

Forever Young said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We just got back from a pumpkin patch and it boy was it muddy! We were covered in mud. I will have to get some pictures up so you can see. I think the kids enjoyed it though.

Kati said...

How fun! I just love fall and all the fun things to do!