Friday, May 6, 2011

Sister's Weekend 2011


So its that time of year again, and the Haycock ladies had their weekend out. We had a great view this year although none of my pictures of it turned out. You'll just have to take my word for it, it was amazing! It's supposed to be a weekend away from kids, but we always bring nursing babies and this year there were three.

So we had fun lining them up for pictures. This happens to be my favorite. Once again we were short on sleep but long on good food and conversation. I am only now recovering. And I think that the dads were all glad to have us home in the end and appreciate us more, which of course is our ulterior motive. Thanks to Laura for sharing her hairbow making skills with the rest of us.

We sure had fun! I have been walking around in my new jeans this week and thinking how much more fun it is to shop with my mom and sisters than screaming children who like to run away and hide in clothes racks. I look forward to it all year and it always seems to go way too fast. I am looking forward to next year already.
I just had to throw in this picture of my kids in their Easter clothes. They are just too cute. Although they do drive me crazy at times, going away for a day or two once in a while really reminds me just how nice it is to come home to them.

2 comments:

Steve and Emily Gatewood said...

Beautiful babies....I wish I was there :) Love you guys.

Mason & Laura said...

ohhh it was fun! so much food, talking, and RELAXING! though you were right ... not a lot of sleep. ah well, it was worth it. Is there any way you could send me a copy of the picture of all of us? Blogger won't let me open this one for some reason. Thanks!