Sunday, August 16, 2009

Haycock Family Campout!


This is our third little trip this summer and I think we are ready for a break! It is a lot of work to pack and unpack, but we sure had fun while we were there. This time the whole Haycock family, that was available, went to Honeyman State Park near Florence, Oregon. It is technically on the beach, but the two nearby lakes are actually easier to access and so we spent our time there. It was great because we not only had the fun of playing in the sand, we had canoe rides and jetskis to ride as well. I didn't get a lot of pictures this time, but we had fun being all together as a group. We were in a group campsite this time and this made mealtimes easy, since there was a central firepit and tons of picnic tables. We took turns being in charge of meals and Ericka, Steph, and I all brought activities for the little kids to do while we were in camp. They were painting, getting prizes from the fish pond, and going on a scavenger hunt. Dylan spent a lot of time taking over Lana's bike, since we didn't have room to bring his. Of course we all spent our share of time shuttling kids back and forth to the potty. It was just typical of our family campouts, but we wouldn't have it any other way. It was great to have Mason and Laura back this year, but we can't wait to have Amanda and Joe, and hopefully Emily and Steve next year.

3 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

Sounds like fun! We need to make plans...

Lynn Cooper said...

Oh, I remember the days when our kids were young and we did some fun stuff like this. I hope they can remember some of those fun times. Thanks for posting! Looks like you had a great time!!

Forever Young said...

I'm so jealous that we weren't there. It sounds like you all had a good time though, so I'm glad for that! I know it wasn't as good without the Young's though!!