Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sister's Weekend & Paige's Blessing




This last weekend my sisters, mom, and I went to the beach for our annual sister's weekend. We were gone Thursday and Friday nights. We rented a little house in Lincoln City and it was perfect for us. Thanks to Ericka for taking the initiative to do the planning as usual. We had a blast. I think we made use of every minute we were there. We watched girly movies and highlighted each other's hair. We ate junk food and took turns preparing the meals which were very healthy to offset our not so healthy snacks. We talked and talked and didn't get much sleep. On Friday we went on a hike in the mountains, but mostly we shopped and shopped like you can only do when you have no husbands or children. Paige was the only baby along for the ride and she did pretty well. She spent most of the time in the front pack. I think it'll take me a week to recover from the lack of sleep, but I wouldn't have missed it. The only downside to the trip was that Emily and Laura weren't there. We hope to have them next time.

Then we came home and the next day was Paige's baby blessing. I had to feed her just before the meeting and of course she chose that moment to get her diaper overflowing. Luckily I caught it before it got on her dress but I had to rush to clean her up in time for the meeting to start. Then when Clint went to do the blessing she starting screaming and didn't quit until the blessing was over. I had left the binky in the mother's lounge on accident and she just wanted to go to sleep, poor thing. Ah well, we made it. I was so happy to see all my family there--or at least all of us that are here in Oregon. Afterward we went to mom and dad's to eat and hang out. We are getting to be such a big group!

We plan to get some family pictures taken this weekend. I'll be sure to post them when I get them back.

2 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

Sorry that I missed the blessing!! I really wish I could have been there. I am sure clint a wonderful job, but those are such special times. Once I finish up school i hope that we don't miss many more of those special times. Ya you girls sound like you had tons of fun. I bet you all were long over due for a getaway. Your paige looks very cute.
-mason

Forever Young said...

Yea! Sister's weekend was tons of fun! You need to send me the pictures we took, because I didn't take any pictures! Paige looks cute in her blessing dress, even though it almost didn't make it!